We are very lucky to have some talented chess players here at SJF. Thanks to some of the year 6 children, a lunchtime chess club is held every week. These children organise competitions and tournaments.
Stay Safe Online
- Superclubs Plus – all of our Key Stage Two children have an account at this site, which encourages them to communicate online and use the Internet safely.
- Doug’s Safe Surfing – a guide to safe ‘surfing’ from Disney.
- Gridclub Cybercafe – Learn how to use the Internet safely using this fantastic site.
Practise your typing
- Dance Mat Typing – Learn to type more quickly using this fantastic site.
- Senselang – A simple site which can really help to speed up your typing.
- Yahooligans – A child-friendly version of Yahoo, with categories and searching options. Very useful.
- Picsearch – if you’re looking for pictures try this site. It’s much safer than Google Images.
Learn new things
- Woodlands Junior School – visit this wonderful school website to find out about different topics, and play some educational games!
- Kerpoof – this amazing site lets you make your own movies, drawings cards, stories and more!
TV and Film Sites
- Children’s BBC – Discover your favourite TV programmes.
- CITV – The CITV site is full of information about the children’s TV.
- CBBFC – Learn about films and how they are given different classifications here.
- Film Street – Do you want to make your own films? Find out more about film-making here!
- Disney – Learn about your favourite film and cartoon characters at the Disney site. There is lots to see.