Year 5 Transition page
Hi I hope you are all well. I know this process is a little bit different to other years but hopefully this page will help to answer some of your questions and give you an insight into life in Year 5.
As you can see we are very busy in Year 5 and have lots of great work to fit in our weekly timetable. This is an example, so PE days and times may change.
I hope you have found this page useful and it has managed to answer some of your questions.
Have a lovely summer and I look forward to seeing you all at the beginning of the new term.
Welcome Year 4 to your Year 5 Transition page!
Here are some photos of our classroom to help you feel at home.
Reading is very important in Year 5, as we use adventurous vocabulary we learn from books to help enhance our writing. We should try to be aware of lots of different genres of books, which is why I have included a list of great books to try and read before the end of Year 6, so why not make a start over the summer holidays. How many will you have read by the start of Year 5?
This website has lots of useful tips and ideas to help encourage your child to read at home.
We have lots of wonderful grammatical techniques to learn and use across different aspects of English. Here are a list of the key terms we will be looking at over the year.
Summer Reading Challenge 2020!
Leicestershire Libraries are Going Digital!
Leicestershire Libraries are delivering the all-new Digital Only Summer Reading Challenge from The Reading Agency this summer so that they can reach as many children and families as possible.
Meet the Silly Squad and celebrate funny books!
- Children sign up to sillysquad.org.uk from Friday 5th June onwards to create a profile.
- Read any books that make you happy, from digital to print.
- Brilliant eBooks and eAudio to borrow from our libraries. Leicestershire’s Digital Library
- Collect digital activities, competitions, games and rewards along the way.
- Look out for extra special Leicestershire online activities in July and August. You can also find other activities and things to do by clicking on this link: https://summerreadingchallenge.org.uk/schools