Mental Health and Wellbeing Support
Social, Emotional and Mental Health Resources and Weblinks
- https://www.elsa-support.co.uk/category/free-resources/ A range of resources, games etc. to support different areas of mental health; anxiety, anger, emotions, mindfulness etc.
- https://managing-change.middletownautism.com/ resources aimed at autistic pupils, but could be used with others to support change, particularly around COVID 19.
- https://www.autismlittlelearners.com/search/label/My%20Freebies?updated-max=2020-07-05T17:59:00-07:00&max-results=20&start=20&by-date=false A range of social stories and resources around a lot of different life issues, including COVID 19, that can be used to support children’s understanding.
- https://www.callscotland.org.uk/downloads/posters-and-leaflets/ipad-apps-for-complex-communication-support-needs/ iPad Apps for Complex Communication Support Needs
- https://www.bookofbeasties.com/ Create a free account to access certain activities and resources to support mindfulness and well-being.
- https://www.understood.org/en/school-learning/learning-at-home/games-skillbuilders/social-emotional-activities-for-children a selection of games to play to build children’s social and emotional awareness
Read the Worry Glass with your child to help them understand the impact of holding onto worries.