We are very lucky to have some talented chess players here at SJF. Thanks to some of the year 6 children, a lunchtime chess club is held every week. These children organise competitions and tournaments.
Stay Safe Online
- Superclubs Plus - all of our Key Stage Two children have an account at this site, which encourages them to communicate online and use the Internet safely.
- Doug's Safe Surfing - a guide to safe 'surfing' from Disney.
- Gridclub Cybercafe - Learn how to use the Internet safely using this fantastic site.
Practise your typing
- Dance Mat Typing - Learn to type more quickly using this fantastic site.
- Senselang - A simple site which can really help to speed up your typing.
- Yahooligans - A child-friendly version of Yahoo, with categories and searching options. Very useful.
- Ask for Kids - The children's version of 'Ask'. Jeeves is now retired, but this is still very useful.
- Picsearch - if you're looking for pictures try this site. It's much safer than Google Images.
Learn new things
- Woodlands Junior School - visit this wonderful school website to find out about different topics, and play some educational games!
- Kerpoof - this amazing site lets you make your own movies, drawings cards, stories and more!
TV and Film Sites
- Children's BBC - Discover your favourite TV programmes.
- CITV - The CITV site is full of information about the children's TV.
- CBBFC - Learn about films and how they are given different classifications here.
- Film Street - Do you want to make your own films? Find out more about film-making here!
- Disney - Learn about your favourite film and cartoon characters at the Disney site. There is lots to see.